About Merge text tool
Place data into this utility to produce a merged text in the output. The input includes the following: Prefix, Input data left, Prefix, Input data right, Suffix. To use the feature, follow these steps.
- 1. For the first Prefix field, indicate the prefix to place before the data in the field for Input data left.
- 2. For the Input data left, place the data that will have the prefix for the first field.
- 3. For the second Prefix field, indicate the prefix to place before the data in the field for Input data right.
- 4. For the Input data right, place the data that will have the prefix in the second Prefix field.
- 5. For the Suffix value, place what you want to appear at the end of the merged text.
This application could possibly be useful when you want to merge several columns of data for a mass mailing or format numbers with text using formulas. See the example.
- Input data left
- Put this for input data left.
- Input data right
- Put this for input data right.
- aaaPut this for input data left. bbbPut this for input data right.zzz